What cards to you accept?
We are pleased to welcome Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Is it safe to provide my credit card and other personal information?
Yes, your personal information is secured using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), the leading security protocol on the Internet.
Will I be charged sales tax?
Our gift basket prices already include applicable sales tax. Gift cards are not taxed upon purchase, but when a gift card is redeemed at a Gelson’s, sales tax is charged for taxable products purchased. Floral and balloon purchases are taxed. Gelson’s Finest Assorted Chocolates are not taxed.
Is there a limit to how much I may order?
In order to protect your credit card from inappropriate use, gift card purchases are limited to $500. Additionally, gift basket orders in excess of 10 units may only be made in person at one of our locations.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
How are your floral gifts, gift baskets and gift cards shipped?
Floral Gift delivery is currently available only within 10 miles of Gelson’s locations in order to ensure the freshness of items. We cannot ship floral gifts to P.O. boxes. A delivery fee will be charged as outlined below:
Standard delivery fees begin at $25. We must pass along the charges from our delivery service. Additional possible charges include:
- $10 fee for weekend or holiday delivery;
- $10 fee for guaranteed morning delivery;
- $10 fee for delivery to hospitals;
- Per-mile fees based on distance from the Gelson’s delivery store to the gift recipient;
- $5 fee for each additional item in the order;
- Other possible fees which may be imposed by the delivery service.
Gift Basket delivery is currently available only in California to Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego counties. We cannot ship gift baskets to P.O. Boxes. A delivery fee will be charged as outlined below:
- Deliveries within 10 miles of zip code 91607 may be eligible for same day shipping. If 1-3 baskets are shipped to the same recipient, you will be charged a total delivery fee of $25. If 4-10 baskets are shipped to the same recipient, you will be charged a delivery fee of $50. To protect you from the misappropriate use of your credit card, orders for 11 or more baskets must be placed with our Gift Basket Coordinator. Please call (818) 906-5743 Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST (excluding holidays). The delivery fee for an order of 11 or more baskets will depend upon the total number of baskets ordered.
- Orders outside the 18 mile limit will be shipped via UPS Ground on the day the order is received if the order is received by 2:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and will be delivered the next business day. Orders received after 2:00 p.m. or on Saturday or Sunday, will be shipped out on the next business day and will be delivered the day after that. Weekends and holidays do not count as business days.
Gift Card delivery is available within the continental United States, but Gelson’s gift cards can only be redeemed at a Gelson’s Market. We cannot ship gift cards to P.O. boxes. Gift cards will be shipped within two business days. Cards are mailed via USPS first class mail. There is no charge to you for delivery using the USPS; however, the risk of loss and title for gift cards pass to the purchaser upon sale. We CANNOT replace a gift card that has been lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission; therefore, we recommend that you choose UPS for your shipping method as it is more secure. Under certain circumstances, if the card has not been redeemed, we may be able to reissue a card if you have proof of purchase. You may request your gift cards be shipped by UPS Three Day Select ($11.95), UPS 2nd Day Air ($16.95) or UPS Next Day Air ($26.95) for EACH ship to address. Please note that UPS shipping times are in addition to Gelson’s handling period of up to two business days.
May I ship to multiple destinations?
Yes, simply click on the "multiple locations" box so you can send your gifts to different addresses (all within the territories outlined above).
If a gift card is lost or stolen, will you replace it?
Unfortunately, the risk of loss and title for gift cards pass to the purchaser upon sale. Gift cards should be treated like cash; in most cases, Gelson’s will not be able to replace the card if it has been lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. For the best security, you may choose to ship your gift card via UPS at an additional cost as outlined above.
Can I be sure my gift will arrive on time?
Floral gifts are delivered via courier on the date specified. To guarantee delivery by noon, you may select "Guaranteed Morning Delivery" for an additional $10 fee. Gift baskets delivered via courier have a four hour window on the date of delivery. UPS will guarantee delivery by the end of the applicable delivery day. If UPS misses a delivery, contact our Gift Basket Coordinator at (818) 906-5743, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST (excluding holidays) to arrange for a reimbursement of your shipping fee. If a recipient is not home or someone age 21 or older (for baskets including beer or wine) is not available to sign for the delivery and UPS is unable to deliver the package, this does not count as a missed delivery. Severe weather, disasters or other circumstances beyond the control of UPS or Gelson’s will void the guarantee. While every effort will be made to deliver baskets in a timely manner, during the month of December, UPS does not guarantee ground shipment dates. Gift cards may take 2-3 weeks to be returned if sent by USPS.
Does the gift basket recipient need to be present for delivery?
- For gift baskets containing wine or beer, we require a signature at the delivery address by someone age 21 or older. For other gift baskets, it is up to the individual UPS delivery driver; if a safe spot can be found, drivers are instructed to leave the basket so deliveries can be made on the day promised. If they cannot leave the package in a secure location, the driver will have to return; very often it is on the next day.
- When you order floral gifts, you may selected the gift to be left at the address without signature. We often recommend this option due to:
- The possibility the floral arrangement or gift may suffer damage on the return trip to the store or on the next attempted delivery;
- The necessity to charge you for the return of the item by the courier service to our store. If the courier is unable to deliver the floral item and you have not okayed the item to be left at the door, you will be charged the delivery fee a second time to compensate for our costs. We will call you to determine if you would prefer that your gift recipient come to the store, or if you want to pay for another attempted delivery.
May I purchase and ship baskets containing alcohol if I am under 21 years of age?
We must comply with the same laws for our online store as we do in our physical stores: you must be at least 21 years of age to order, purchase or receive a gift basket that contains alcohol. By placing an order on our site that contains alcohol, you are affirming that you are 21 years of age or older, your purchase of alcohol is intended for the personal consumption of the gift basket recipient and not for resale, the recipient of the gift basket is at least 21 years of age, and will provide valid identification with proof of age and signature upon delivery. Because gift baskets containing alcohol must have an adult signature upon delivery, we recommend using a business/commercial address for shipment.
Do you have a substitution policy?
Occasionally, we may run out of a specific item. While this does not happen often, we reserve the right to substitute an item of comparable or greater value at no extra cost to you to be sure your gift basket is shipped when promised.
How can I check delivery status on my floral gift, gift basket or gift card?
Tracking is not available for gift cards shipped by USPS. If you shipped using UPS and provided an email address, we will send a confirmation to you once your gift basket or card has been delivered. For questions regarding a gift card order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Gift Card Coordinator at (310) 761-4509 Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. PST (excluding holidays).
Tracking is available for floral gifts and for orders containing both floral and gift baskets in the same order. For questions regarding floral gifts (and orders containing floral gifts, balloons, chocolates and/or gift baskets), please contact your local Gelson’s store from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
If you have questions regarding a gift basket order (with no floral items), please email email@example.com or contact our Gift Basket Coordinator at (818) 906-5743, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST (excluding holidays).
CANCELLATION AND RETURN POLICY
May I cancel my order?
Orders may only be cancelled by phone and only if we have not processed the order. To cancel a gift card order, call (310) 761-4509 Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. PST (excluding holidays). To cancel a gift basket order, call (818) 906-5743 and ask for the Gift Basket Coordinator, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST (excluding holidays). To cancel a floral order, or a gift containing both a floral order and a gift basket, please contact your local Gelson’s store from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
How can I be sure my gift will be perfect?
Gelson’s wants your online purchase impression to be every bit as excellent as your in-store experience, so don’t worry! We guarantee the quality of our products. Our flowers are kept refrigerated until they are sent for delivery. We carefully pack our gift baskets to ensure they arrive in perfect condition and we do not use packing peanuts. During the summer months, we ship gift baskets containing chocolate with ice packs to ensure they arrive safely and in good condition. If for any reason you are unhappy or the flowers or basket arrives damaged, please return them to one of our Gelson’s Markets locations. Be sure to bring your packing slip and we will gladly provide credit or replace damaged items.
May the gift recipient return their gift?
Yes, of course. We want them to be happy. Gift baskets may be returned to any Gelson’s Market within 30 days of receipt of the basket. Returns must be accompanied by the packing slip. Returns will be made in the form of a merchandise return slip for use on other Gelson’s products. Gift basket product must be in good condition. Delivery fees will not be refunded. Gelson’s does not offer refunds or cash value for gift cards, except as required by California law.
Gelson’s thanks you for your patronage and we are here to help. For gift basket orders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Gift Basket Coordinator at (818) 906-5743. We are available Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST to assist you (excluding holidays). With gift card orders, please email email@example.com or contact the Gift Card Coordinator at (310) 761-4509. Gift card inquiries will be answered Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. PST (excluding holidays). For floral inquiries, please contact your local Gelson’s store from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and ask to speak with the Floral Department.