Serves: 6 portions (Serving size: 4 oz)
- 2 Tbsps. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. natural liquid smoke flavoring
- ? tsp. crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1 center-cut salmon fillet (about 2 lbs.), skin on, in 1 piece
- Combine all ingredients except salmon. Cook over medium heat in a saucepan, stirring until smooth, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the salmon in a dish just large enough to hold it. Pour the cooked marinade over it, and let it stand for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Prepare hot coals for grilling or set gas grill on medium high.
- Oil the grill well and cook the salmon, skin side up, over medium heat to 5 to 7 minutes. Then turn in over and cook until the fish flakes easily, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a platter, and serve immediately.