his simple salad showcases summer's best nectarines and peaches. Pick fragrant, firm but ripe fruit that can easily be cut. The Humboldt Fog goat cheese I use here adds a special dimension to the salad, so try not to substitute it with anything else.
- 2 tablespoons Colavita original balsamic glace
- 2 teaspoons Monari Federzoni balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Busy Bee clover honey
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Le Saunier de Camargue fleur de sel sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces organic arugula
- 2 organic nectarines, sliced into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 organic peach, sliced into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1/3 cup Gelson?s Finest pecans, lightly toasted and cooled
- 4 tablespoons Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog chevre cheese (about 2 ounces)
In a small bowl or cup, combine the vinegars, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
Combine the arugula, nectarines, peaches and pecans in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing and divide salad among four plates. Top each salad with one tablespoon of cheese.
Each 2-cup serving contains: