Bistro Steak with Shallot Wine Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps. unsalted butter
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak, cut 2" thick
- ½ cup shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- to taste sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, bring the olive oil and butter to a sizzle.
- Add the steak and cook for 8 minutes per side for rare, 9-10 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove steak from skillet, place on a platter and cover.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shallots and all but 1 Tbsp. of chives to the skillet; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the vinegar and wine, simmer for 2 minutes, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Slice the sirloin crosswise into ½"-thick slices, place on platter.
- Pour sauce over the steak and top with remaining chopped chives.