A typical chicken or turkey sandwich can easily have 800 milligrams of sodium. These tasty sandwiches are made with carefully selected low-sodium ingredients and have a mere 340 milligrams each. Pack them for lunch with carrot sticks, sugar snap peas and some strawberries on the side.
- 6 tablespoons Fage Total 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons Galeos miso dijonnaise dressing
- 2 cups diced Gelson?s Finest no salt rotisserie baked BBQ chicken breast, skin and bones removed (just under 1 pound as purchased)
- 1 1/2 ribs organic celery, diced small
- 1/2 cup halved red grapes
- 1/4 cup Flanigan Farms chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 green leaf or salad bowl lettuce leaves, torn to fit the sandwiches
- 1 large tomato, ends removed, cut into 5 slices
- 10 slices Food for Life Ezekiel sprouted whole-grain bread (orange label), lightly toasted if desired
Combine the yogurt with the dressing in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
Combine the chicken, celery, grapes and walnut pieces in a medium bowl. Mix with the yogurt sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a lettuce leaf and tomato slice on each of five slices of bread. Top with ? cup chicken salad and cover with remaining slices of bread. Cut sandwiches in half.
Each sandwich contains: