Fantastic Melon Extravaganza
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 cups assorted melon balls (honey dew, watermelon, cantaloupe, or whatever is in season)
- In a medium bowl, combine gelatin and sugar.
- Add 1 3/4 cups boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add sherry and lemon juice and mix well.
- Chill until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Stir in 3 cups of melon balls.
- Pour mixture into 5-cup ring mold.
- Chill until firm.