dding mango chutney to plain yogurt is an easy and tasty way to perk up chicken salad sandwiches. Send these pitas to school with the kids or take them to work with you.
- 2 cups cooked and cooled skinless chicken breast, such as Gelson's Finest no salt added chicken (.75 pounds as purchased) in the hot case, cubed
- 1 heaping tablespoon Bombay Brand Major Grey's mango chutney
- 4 ounces Horizon Organic plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Pavich organic raisins
- 2 tablespoons Flanigan Farms cashews, lightly toasted
- 1 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 Thomas' Sahara whole-wheat pitas, about 1 inch cut off the top of each
Make sure the chicken is cool. Place the diced chicken in a mixing bowl. Stir the mango chutney into the yogurt. Pour the yogurt over the chicken and mix. Add the raisins, cashews, scallions and pepper. Mix well.
Place two lettuce leaves and two slices of tomato in each pita. Add ? cup of chicken salad to each pita.
Each pita contains:||